The STZ is a Functional Safety, Dual Input, Smart HART® temperature transmitter that can configure quickly and easily to accept a wide array of sensor and analog devices. These 2-wire transmitters provide an isolated and linear 4-20mA output proportional to the input. The signal is ready for direct interface with HART or non-HART based Safety System, DCS, PLC and other computer0based SCADA systems. Mounting choices include field enclosures, compact connection heads and a high-density, DIN-style housing.
Part of Moore Industries’ FS Functional Safety Series, the SIL 2 and SIL 3 capable STZ Functional Safety Dual Input Smart HART® Temperature Transmitters for your SIS (Safety Instrumented System) configures quickly and easily to accept a single or dual input from a wide array of sensors and analog devices located in hazardous and nonhazardous areas:
• 14 RTD Types
• 9 Thermocouple Types
• Resistance and Potentiometer Devices
• Direct Millivolt Sources
These 2-wire (loop-powered) transmitters provide an isolated and linear 4-20mA output proportional to the input. This signal is ready for direct interface with HART or non-HART based Safety System, DCS, PLC and other computer-based SCADA systems. FMEDA (Failure Mode Effects and Diagnostic Analysis) reports are available with the required safety data to ensure that the STZ meets the requirements of each Safety Instrumented Function (SIF).
• exida certified to IEC 61508:2010. Certified by exida to IEC 61508 for systematic integrity up to SIL 3 and for random integrity up to SIL 2. This means that an STZ is approved for single use in Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) up to SIL 2 and in a redundant architecture (1oo2, 2oo3, etc.) up to SIL 3.
• Comprehensive FMEDA certified safety data. Upon request, exida-certified FMEDA data is available for a functional safety practitioner to use in determining the STZ’s applicability in specific safety-related applications.
• AIS option allows direct connection of sensors located in hazardous locations without the requirement of an intrinsically safe barrier. This option has blue terminals, DIN housing only.
• Dual sensor input for Backup and Failover Protection, Average and Differential measurement and Low or High Select.
• Device Intelligence including Sensor Drift and Corrosion Detection, Smart Range Alarms, Highavailability option, and Input Simulation capability.
• HART 7 compliant with exception-based reporting and dynamic variable mapping.
• HART Access Control. To prevent unauthorized or accidental reconfiguration of the STZ while it’s performing it’s safety function, it has an added security feature to allow users to set HART communication into a Read Only or Off mode.
• Input-to-output analog accuracy of up to ±0.014°C (±0.025°F)* is the absolute best in the industry.
• 20-bit input resolution delivers exceptional digital accuracy of ±0.1°C (±0.18°F) with all Pt RTDs or up to ±0.05°C (±0.09°F)* for Pt1000 RTDs.
• HART & DTM Programmable with user-oriented basic configuration for fast and accurate setup. HART configurable via any HART handheld configurator or HART compatible host. Additionally program or monitor with any FDT compliant host or program, such as PACTware, utilizing our DTM.
To learn more about the STZ and other Moore Industries products available at BBP, click here.