The microprocessor-based Panametrics XMTC is a compact, rugged, fixed thermal conductivity transmitter that measures the concentration of binary gas mixtures containing hydrogen, carbon dioxide, methane or helium. The Panametrics XMTC Thermal Conductivity Binary Gas Transmitter also combines computer enhanced signal measurement with fast-response software, real-time error detection and digital communication via an RS232 or RS485 interface.
The rugged Panametrics XMTC measuring cell resists contamination and remains insensitive to flow variations. Since the design of the Panametrics XMTC Thermal Conductivity Binary Gas Transmitter uses no moving parts, the transmitter can easily withstand the shock, vibration and harsh environment found in many industrial applications. If the Panametrics XMTC transmitter requires maintenance, its modular contruction permits fast and easy servicing. Users can field-calibrate XMTC Thermal Conductivity Binary Gas Transmitter quickly and replace the plug-in measuring cell with a precalibrated spare in minutes.
A sample system is mandatory for use with the Panametrics XMTC Thermal Conductivity Binary Gas Transmitter. The design of the sample system will depend on the conditions of the sample gas and the requirements of the application. In general, a sample system must deliver a clean, representative sample to the XMTC at a temperature, pressure and flow rate that are within acceptable limits. Standard XMTC sample conditions are: a temperature of less than 122°F (50°C) for a cell operating temperature of 131°F (55°C) with a flow rate of 0.5 SCFH (250 cc/min) at atmospheric pressure. Higher temperature and pressure options are available.
The Panametrics XMTC thermal conductivity binary gas transmitter is available in many measurement ranges. And is suitable for the following gases:
- H2 in N2, air or CO2
- He in N2 or air
- CO2 in N2 or air
- SO2 in air
- Argon in N2 or air
- H2 / CO2 / Air for hydrogen-cooled generators
Learn more about gas analytical products from BBP here.
- Accuracy: ±2% of span
- Linearity: ±1% of span
- Repeatability: ±0.5% of span
- Zero stability: ±0.5% of span per week
- Span stability: ±0.5% of span per week
- Response time: 20 seconds for 90% of step change
- Isolated 4 to 20mA analog output
- Requires 24VDC
- Measurement range: 0-100%
- Ultra-stable glass-coated thermistors
- Single or dual gas push-button calibration
- PC interface package for digital output
- Type 4X/7 construction; ATEX, FM and CSA certified for Class I, Division 1 hazardous areas
- T6 rating for temperatures up to 149°F 65°C