Sentinel LNG extends the use of ultrasonic technology into cryogenic applications. Like the Sentinel LCT, it has no moving parts and uses four-path Robust Path Configuration™. Sentinel LNG uses Bundle Waveguide Technology™ to direct greater transducer signals into the process while protecting the transducers from cryogenic temperatures.
- Improved performance, reduced maintenance and dynamic flow measurement for cryogenic liquids
- Fully welded construction with no moving parts
- Ultrasonic transducers protected from cryogenic temperatures using Bundle Waveguide™ Technology
- Full bore design, zero pressure drop
- High accuracy to overcome limitations of tank level gauging
- Robust Path Configuration™ through extensive use of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
- Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Cryogenic fluid allocation
- Custody transfer
- Marine Cargo Verification
The design philosophy behind Sentinel LNG was simple; building a reliable flow meter to overcome the accuracy limitation of LNG tank level measurement. Sentinel LNG is an ultrasonic flow meter with a fully welded construction that has no moving parts. The acoustic transducers are placed outside the cryogenic liquid to avoid any long-term degradation due to temperature. The design is full bore; as a result, the pressure drop over the meter is simply equal to a section of pipe with the same length.
To learn about more liquid flow meters BBP offers, click here.
To learn more about the product and its specifications, click here.