The Fox Model FT2A measures gas flow rate in standard units without the need for temperature or pressure compensation. It provides isolated 4 to 20 mA and pulse outputs for flow rate, and a 4 to 20 mA output for process gas temperature. The pulse output is normally used for totalization. With an on-board 2 line x 16 character, backlit display, operators can view flow rate, total, elapsed time, process gas temperature, and alarms. The display is also used in conjunction with the Configuration Panel to configure flow meter settings, pulse output frequency scaling, pipe area, zero flow cutoff, flow filtering (damping), display configurations, diagnostics and high or low alarm limits.
The Fox FT2A is available in both insertion and in-line models. The insertion meter is easily installed by drilling a 3/4″ hole in the pipe and welding on a 3/4 inch NPT coupling. A Fox supplied compression fitting secures the probe in place. The inline model is available in 1/4 to 6 inch sizes and includes built in flow conditioners that eliminate the need for long, straight pipe runs. The meter can be ordered with flange or NPT end connections.
Both models are supplied with 316 stainless steel wetted materials standard or Hastelloy C-276 as an option (inline flow bodies also available in carbon steel). A USB port to connect to a computer or laptop is standard; interface options include RS485-Modbus, BACnet MS/TP, Profibus-DP, DeviceNet or Ethernet Modbus TCP.
Fox has certified cleaning and bagging procedures for flow meters to be used in oxygen applications.
- SCFM, NM3/hr, Lbs/hr, Kg/hr and more
- 100 to 1 turndown typical range
- Measures process gas temperature
- 4 to 20mA for flow & temperature; pulse output for flow/total
- Communication options: USB port, Isolated RS485 Modbus, BACnet MS/TP, Profibus-DP, DeviceNet or Ethernet Modbus TCP
- Insertion and in-line models
- Welded 316 SS sensor
- Hastelloy C276 sensor optional
- Microprocessor based, field programmable electronics
- On-board 2 line x 16 character, backlit display
- NIST traceable calibration
- Low-end sensitivity for leak detection
- Negligible pressure drop
- No moving parts design
- FM & FMc Class I, II, III, Div 2, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G T4A hazardous locations
- NEMA 4X and CE approved
Learn about Thermal Gas Mass Flow Meters available at BBP.