The RTI-3 is a ready to install sensor, temperature transmitter and thermowell assembly for surface measurements. This assembly supports our flexible tempearture sensor, the WORM¾, and can mount directly to tanks, pipes, motors, compressors, valves, reactors, wells or anywhere else a temperature measurement is needed, eliminating errors caused by influences external to the process. Precise engineering and solid, sturdy construction allow these assemblies to endure the harshest plant conditions and fi eld environments.
Delivering simple installation and removal, our versatile, spring-loaded, fl exible sensor trims-to-length providing quick and easy installation in a wide range of temperature measurement applications. With other sensors, such as straight sensors, you have to remove the connection head, and sometimes assembly components, to install the sensor. The WORM slides right through the connection head port, and into the assembly, without removing any assembly components. The WORM bends to accommodate awkward mounting positions and locations. Because the solid sheath portion of the WORM is only 1-1/2″ long, it is totally embedded in the thermowell and ensures that no outside influences are affecting the temperature measurement.
• Multiple mounting possibilities. Clamp, bolt or weld in place or use our magnetic MPAD anywhere a skin (surface) temperature measurement is needed.
• Universal temperature transmitter options. Ready-to-install assemblies come with a choice of our universal PC Programmable, Smart HART®, and Fieldbus Temperature Transmitters (assemblies without transmitters are also available).
• High accuracy measurements. These temperature assemblies keep the spring-loaded sensor in place to maintain good thermoconductance.
• Solid, sturdy construction. High-impact connection heads (sensors without connection heads also available) combined with stainless steel mounting accessories allow our temperature assemblies to withstand the most rigid plant environment.
• WORM Sensor trims to desired length. There’s no need to stock an expensive array of diff erent sensor lengths, one size fi ts most every thermowell application including surface mounting.
• Popular RTD and thermocouples. Available standard sensor types include 100 and 1000 ohm, platinum RTDs; plus J, K, T and E-type thermocouples (others are available on request).
• Faster response time. The WORM delivers step response times 13% faster than solid sheath sensors.