The ELPRO 245U-E Wireless Ethernet Modem is a robust, license-free wireless 802.11 standards compliant transceiver capable of high bandwidth communications. Operating at 2.4GHz or 5GHz and up to 400mW, the ELPRO 245U-E is optimized for throughputs of up to 108Mbps which provides robust and secure two-way wireless communications in challenging indoor and outdoor environments typical of industrial monitoring and control applications.
Capable of operating in Access Point/Client configuration, functioning as a network Bridge/Router, or serving as a Serial Server (RS232/485), the ELPRO 245U-E offers node to node deterministic mesh network repeatability for further range and multiple channel spacing options to increase network scalability. Integrated Modbus server capability allows seamless I/O expansion through the use of ELPRO 115S Expansion modules.
When used with the 605M-R1 Router, the GPRS modem will network automatically without the need of AT control. The Router can handle communications for up to 50 605M-D1 modems. The Router keeps track of dynamic IP addresses allocated by the GPRS Service and eliminates the need to use expensive static IP allocations.
• Factory automation and safety interlocks
• Networking wind turbines and solar collectors
• Video surveillance
• Automated vehicle control
• Tank farm monitoring
• 802.11b/g standard-compliant options
• 2.412–2.472 GHz frequency (802.11b/g) and
15–630 mW RF power
• Up to 108 Mbps data rate support
• 13-channel (802.11b/g) support
• Single antenna connection for easy installation
• Access point/client and bridge/router
• Serial client/server/multicast Modbus TCP
to RTU gateway
• 10/100Base-T IEEE® 802.3 Ethernet
• Spanning tree (self-healing) support
• Deterministic AP-to-AP mesh network
• Fast roaming for AP-to-AP handover
• IEEE 802.11i secure 128-bit AES encryption
• MAC and IP address filtering
• Digital I/O channel transfer
• Configurable settings for high-noise
• Over-the-air network diagnostics
• VLAN tagging support for bridging
and routing modes
To read more about the 245U-E Wireless Ethernet Modem click here.
To view more process automation products from BBP click here.