The ZAM Plus Rupture Disk Alarm Sensors have a surface mounted monitor designed to remotely detect the condition of a rupture disk (bursting disc) in service. Used in conjunction with the ZOOK ZENSOR®, BA, RDI, BI or similar devices, it will immediately warn the operator of a ruptured disk. The alarm system uses a normally closed electrical circuit. When the disk ruptures, it breaks the circuit, triggering the alarm. The ZOOK ZAM alarm system is capable of detecting a ruptured disk condition in applications involving highly electrically conductive fluids.
- Intrinsically safe output for Class I, II, and III, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, and G hazardous locations
- Utilizes FM approved, PED and CSA compliant I.S. barrier
- Enclosure: NEMA Ty[e 12, constructed of 14 gauge steel with continuously welded seams and oil resistant seals
- Provides an audio/visual signal and an output relay for each channel; the channel will automatically reset once the burst indicating device is replaced or reset
- The audio alarm can be silenced with a push button switch
- Contains front panel push buttons for testing each channel; this function can also be performed remotely
- Field replaceable I.S. barrier module and power supply
Learn more about products from Zook available from BBP here.