- This event has passed.
Lorawan 101 Workshop
March 22 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
In this workshop, you will learn why LoRa accomplishes amazing long-range links. We will explain the relationship between the unique characteristics such as Data Rates, Spreading factors, Bandwidth, Receiver Sensitivity, and Sensor battery life. We will also discuss LoRaWAN® architectures, network security, classes of operation, activation process, and gateway backhaul options. A number of use cases will be highlighted, including chemical tank, vibration, temperature, perimeter, pressure, and flow monitoring.
Participants will have the opportunity to set up industrial-grade LoRaWAN sensors and gateways using Ignition Edge providing access to field data in minutes from an Ignition SCADA system using MQTT and SparkplugB brokers. LoRa® enables visibility to stranded assets that cause you to regularly “roll a truck.” We look forward to helping you take the first step towards digitizing more of your field assets and processes.
• Technical overview of LoRa & LoRaWAN, an ITU recognized industry standard with amazing range, long battery life, and low cost to deploy
• Security and flexibility of architecture to connect green field Sensor-to-Cloud IoT applications as well as integration of stranded assets into OnPrem Process Control Networks and SCADA systems
• Hands-on instruction on how to connect Off-the-Shelf industrial and C1Dx hazardous rated LoRaWAN sensors and gateways, gain access to their sensor data in minutes and create analytics in Ignition SCADA
• Network/Infrastructure Planners & Operations managers, Engineering Managers, Asset Managers
• SCADA Network Engineers
• IT / OT security professionals
• IT / Network administrators, Telecom Managers / Directors (Decision Makers)
• Participants will be required to bring their own laptops to the workshop.
• Breakfast, Refreshments, Lunch Included
• Certificates of Achievement Provided